Dr.Somesh Vanchilingam MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Neurology)Appointment Doctor Opinion
Hospital Name: Dr.Vanchilingam Hospital Department: Neurology
Prof. Dr.Somesh Vanchilingam is the founder and chairman of Karthik Scan and Diagnostics Centre (KSDC), which he set up in 1996 in Thanjavur. Now known as Dr. Vanchilingam Hospital, the centre has grown in facilities and expertise over the last twenty years and evolved into a respected speciality Neurology hospital.
Dr.Vanchilingam has vast experience in the field of Neurology, on the academic as well as clinical fronts. He served as Assistant Professor of Medicine for 10 years and then Professor of Neurology at Thanjavur Medical College & Hospital. With over two and a half decades in Neurology practice, Dr. Vanchilingam’s vast experience and expertise has benefited innumerable patients from India and overseas.
Dr. Vanchilingam was the founder and president of the Tamil Nadu Association of Neurologists and is also an integral part of many other medical groups in India. His goal has always been to provide affordable and top quality healthcare to those in need, and he hopes to continue achieving this goal at his hospital for many years to come.
- MBBS - Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (1993)
- MD (General Medicine) - Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (2000)
- DM (Neurology) - Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Tamil Nadu (2004)
- Fellowship in Interventional Neurology and Stroke (FINS),
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India. (2008 -2009)
- Internship - Thanjavur Medical College & Hospital, MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu (1998-1999)
- Registrar - First Med, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai (2003-2004)
- Post Graduate, Neurology - Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai (2004)
- Senior Research Fellow to Dr. Shakir Husain, Chief of Services and Consultant interventional Neurologist.
- Department of Neuroendovascular Therapy, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.(2008-2009)
- Consultant Neurologist, stroke and interventional neurology - Dr.Vanchilingam Hospital, Speciality – Neurology, Tanjore, TN (2007 – till now)
Trial Coordinator, PREVAIL Clinical Study (2004-2006)
- Thesis - Structural lesions of the brain causing seizures with special reference to Neurocysticercosis & Tuberculoma – A Study. (MD General Medicine) - Study Coordinator, PROFESS Clinical Trial (2004-2007)
- Thesis - Restless leg syndrome – A clinical, etiological & electrophysiological study (DM Neurology) - INSPIRE TRIAL 2009